Sunday, June 6, 2010

Serenity Sunday

Sundays have been stressful around here.  My Significant Other - know to the cyberverse as Monkey Boy - has taken up archery.  Bow Hunting, to be precise, except they hunt creatures made of Styrofoam and hay bales rather than woolly mammoth.  Sunday is Monkey Day, which means that I get left holding the babies.

This wouldn’t be a problem if I were actually capable of holding the babies, but with my spinal injury and now the Disease Most Likely (Ankylosing Spondylitis) affecting my ability to do much of anything physical it is, actually, a problem.

I have dreaded Sundays for a while now, because not only am I having to cope in a situation I am not built to cope with, the kids think the rules go out the kitchen door with Daddy and that means Mummy turns into a screaming banshee and wants to punch herself in the head.


Like I said: Sundays have been Stressful.

NO MORE!

I am going to introduce a new routine to my Sundays!  I read a quote on Twitter* the other day: something about if you don’t like what’s happening, change it, and if you can’t change it then change the way you look at it.  (I would add: “if you won’t do either of these then at least quit your bloody bitching about it.”)

My plan is to turn Stressful Sunday into Serenity Sunday. From today, every Sunday I will grab my camera (that I we paid a small fortune for) and take photos of things that make me happy.  I will futz around with them on Photoshop (which also makes me happy) and then share them with you.  (If anyone is actually out there.  StatCounter says there is, but you’re awfully quiet...)

Hooray for A Plan! 
Here’s what is making me happy today.  I hope some of these images might make you happy too.


kids, sparklepanda
A good start to The Plan:  Felix and Ella off to play.


Dew Feather


Decay


A Cat and His Boy


Apple Feast


  Moss 1: 
I particularly love the smooshed bit of blue chalk, not even noticed when I shot this


Moss 2


A Boy and His Stick


The Crab Apple Tree That Never Said "You Killed Me You Bastards"


Wet Bike


Repurposed Garden Boot:  I dont stop at clothing, people!


Tangled Food: eschallots resprouted from our crisper drawer


Totem


Winter Slide


Ella's Pinny Top:  my first draft on the top and first attempt at applique.  Not Too Shabby.


Rocket (Aragula) in potentia.  
After 5 years, we still have it re-seeding through the garden.  And I LOVE Rocket.


Ahhhh.  How's the serenity?

*Smacks self in head for taking advice from twittersphere.
Get This Blog Gadget

3 offerings of bamboo:

Anonymous said...

Does the trick work? It makes sense, changing the reality by photographing. And looking at the photos, I'd tell it does work. But it's not what I think, but what do you feel. So?

Anonymous said...

Yeh, it does work. The kids were happy hanging with mamma outside while the weather lasted. And I get to look at Pretty Things That Make Me Happy, so...yeh, it was a better Sunday than all the rest.

Brenda said...

I love your photos! They sure are making me happy.=)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails