Wednesday, June 2, 2010

12 Months, 12 Themes, 12 Crafts, 1 Happy Panda


Over at the wonderful blog of jewelery designer Adelle, there's a whole world of challenging going on.

Starting today crafters can join in on The 12 Month Craft The World Challenge and create something awesome on a different theme each month.  I'm quite taken with this idea and subsequently shouted "I'm in! I'm in" before realising that she couldn't actually hear me and perhaps typing my excitement might be more appropriate.

I love crafting or being involved in any sort of creative endeavour. I've done it all from knitting, sewing, crochet (Fail) scrapbooking, photography, drawing (pass), painting (Fail), writing, garden design, jewelery, and even studying Law (which is extremely creative, let me tell you).  My problem is knowing exactly where to start and what to focus on.  There are too many choices, which is why I suppose I got sidetracked away from sewing in the first place all those years ago, and why I can NOT decide between 15 brands of Creamed Corn on shopping day.  Give me a list, a deadline and a theme and I will produce the goods.  Sadly, it takes someone else to provide these things, to give me the kick up the backside I need, to be able to surmount the incredible inertia I experience when faced with options.*

So, not only is this a 12 Month Craft Challenge, but for me I think I shall look upon it as a 12 Month Decision Challenge.  If you feel like a bit of a challenge yourself, either in the making something every month for a year realm, or the cannot-make-a-decision-to-save-my-life-realm, trundle on over and sign your next 12 months away.


*Partially due to gross character flaw and partially to spending wayyy too long in tertiary education.
Get This Blog Gadget

0 offerings of bamboo:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails