Saturday, June 12, 2010

12 Months of Crafting The World: Month 1

I've had a little somethingsomething in my list of things to do for a while, but with sewing for the shop and sewing for the kids and occasionally sewing for myself and running a business and being a mum and having an internet addiction, where's the time going to come from? Less Twittering? I.Dont.Think.So.

As mentioned in previous dispatches I need a kick up the butt to do things sometimes. So I pulled this project out of hiding and decided it was the Thing To Do for the Craft Challenge this month. Halfway through the month (practically anyways, especially if you dont count the Sundays) and it still wasnt done. Heaping all kinds of hate upon myself, yesterday I dragged my sick-and-getting-worse self off to the studio and made it happen.

There was some of this:


and some of these:


which became little fuzzy piles of this:


Then there was a bit of this:

and then Monkey Boy and Felix came home with leftover this:

so after I stuffed myself, I stuffed this:


And when I'd done, I was cold and shivvery and had body ache and felt like utter shite and I went to sleep for three hours.  But I'd made this:



In case you are wondering, this is the panda I based my SparklePanda logo on.  I thought I might make some more, maybe to use as keyrings or make him a bt smaller and he could be a magnet or a brooch.  What ya think?
Get This Blog Gadget

5 offerings of bamboo:

Romantic Flair Original said...

I am following you be ware.......Ha ha...:)

Little Mo and Friends said...

eeeeeeeeeek!!! so cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, your work is lovely! xoxoxox

Carmel said...

He is sooo cute-you need to make more for sure :)

MooBeeTees said...

Way too gorgeous - love your item for Month 1!!!

Anika said...

What a cutie!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails