Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Finds

Another week, another collection of treasures from the op-shops.  This week, my local had a whole basket of awesome vintage sewing patterns out for 25c each.  It was pure heaven.



Have a closer look at the little girl on the top one. How adorable is that jumpsuit?

This is the piece de resistance really.  Check out the legs! 
Did the illustrator never see a real woman before?

I love Paua shell.  What should I use this for?

All these beauties were 20c each! I'm going to turn them into pincushions. Yes! Radness!

There was also much in the way of clothing for me and some fabric for making clothes for the shop.  And a totes awesome tablecloth which I plan on turning into a skirt for myself.  That picture will have to wait until said project is on the go.  Then you will swoon with delight at how totally awesome it is.  You will. You'll see.


Get This Blog Gadget

4 offerings of bamboo:

Rosie said...

After my own heart. I simply love op shops and garage sales and markets! So much fun searching for treasures yeah? Great finds!

Cherie said...

Gadzooks girl bargains galore ;-) WOW, well done, twenty five cents for those patterns is a steal, big bucks in the big smoke for them. You must have been so darm pleased, good one ;-) Hope your weekend is easy. xo

Unknown said...

Cherie, usually I can pick vintage patterns up for 10c. What I shame I cant bring myself to re-sell them to unsuspecting Big Smoke Folk!

kristi said...

i so need a pincushion... what a fabulous idea. can't wait to see what you do with those!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails